Friday 7 November 2014

Review of the day

I think that today has just got to go down as one of those days...

I guessed as much, the moment I deleted you all from my address book – and getting grid locked in traffic on the school run, added weight to my doubts.

As a result, I guess I wasn’t at my most relaxed, when I produced the daily write-up -and made the decision to switch tips from Stags Leap to Armedandbeautiful….

Now I’m not saying I wouldn’t have done exactly the same if I had been feeling suitably chilled – but there was a bit of inevitability about what followed…

Stag Leap was a tight 4/1 shot first thing – and not much bigger when I issued the write-up.
With a slight doubt in my mind, and presence of 2 or 3 potential dark ones, I figures there just wasn’t sufficient juice in that price, to warrant a risk.
The 10/1 at the off, would have been  a no-brainer – and maybe not too surprisingly, he bolted up.
What’s more, he could have won even more easily, as his jockey gave away the outside to no-one.
I suspect he can defy anything short of a stone rise in the handicap…

At the other end of the day, the horse I chose to tip, Armanddangerou, got on a little differently…
She pecked on landing at the first, and whether that dented her confidence, I don’t know – but she just didn’t jump with the same fluency she had at Exeter.
As I said this morning, Exeter and Musselburgh are two very different tracks – and maybe that was the cause.
Whatever, the writing was on the wall early, and another bad mistake sealed her fate.
She barely came out of last place all the way round – very disappointing…

As for the days other mentions: then Brass Monkey won at Fakenham; and Federici ran a creditable second at Thurles.
Orbys Man finished a similarly creditable third at Towcester; whilst I thought there was distinct promise in the runs of Drumlista (probably needed it) & Amour D’Or (maybe also needed it – and certainly needed further).
Sultana Belle looked like the trip was too far (though she had looked like she needed further last time); whilst Bill the Lad looked like he would benefit from the outing.

In short, most of them shaped OK – without doing anything spectacular…

After what can only be described as a very stressful day – and with the weekend looming, I am strongly favouring taking tomorrow off.

I’ll check the runners this evening – and let you know either way (distribution list permitting !) at the normal time in the morning…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment