Sunday 30 November 2014

Review of the day

No joy again this afternoon, with neither of the days tips able to significantly trouble the judge…

First up, it was Vasco D’Ycy.
He was yet another tip to half in price (despite me issuing it late – and it not immediately affecting the market) and whilst he ran well – he didn’t run well enough.

I think the most disappointing aspect of the race, was that the horses I thought capable of beating Vasco D’Ycy if primed to do so, didn’t feature…

I knew that Tresor De Bontee set the standard – but it was a standard I felt Vasco D’Ycyc could surpass.
Well, he couldn’t – but Back to Bracka could – and in all honestly, he was the first one I dismissed, when assessing the race last night…

At Fontwell, Gair Leat was pulled up in the handicap chase – though I don’t actually think that makes him a bad tip.
The race threatened to turn into the farce I half expected – with most of the runners seemingly quite keen not to win.

I do think it was a race that was there for the taking – but unfortunately Gair Leat wasn’t up to taking it.

He travelled quite nicely for most of the journey – but then just weakened out of things.
To be honest, he’ll do well to find another race as weak as this one – so I suspect his future as a race horse is pretty bleak…

With regard to the mentions, then If in Doubt, probably should have won – but his jumping down the home straight wasn’t slick enough. He’ll come of the for the run and I could still see him featuring in big races later in the season.
The Rebel Panther was disappointing, even allowing for a mid-race mistake. Whether it was the ground or the trip, I don’t know – but he’ll need to show significant improvement if he is to win a race.
Smiles for Miles on the other hand, was ultimately an easy winner at Wetherby – though runner-up Greenlaw pushed him hard for most of the race, and that was despite making a shocking blunder at half way.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring better…

TVB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment