Sunday 30 November 2014

No tips - Nov 23rd

I’m struggling to find anything worth tipping today – but, to be honest, having a day off is probably not a bad thing…

It’s not that I feel down about yesterday (or the last week or so !) – as I said in the review yesterday, I can rationalise where things went wrong.
However, the fact still remains that there is always a big jump down from Saturday racing to the rest of the week – and I suspect I would benefit from a day to properly adjust my head…

I did spend quite lot of time last night, looking at todays racing – but there was little that really grabbed me.

At Exeter, I was potentially interested in Xaarcet in the finale - but the 5/1 last night, is now 11/4 and he comes with far too many risks to make that kind of price even remotely attractive.

Other possible drifters worthy of mention at the Devon course are Big Society in the 2:05 – and Lord Protector in the 3:05 – but again, both come with risks barely compensated by the prices currently on offer…

The nearest I got to a tip on the day, was Union Jack D’Ycy in the 2:15 at Towcester.
He looks like another Venetia special – and whilst I would have got involved at the early 11/4 – 7/4 leaves minimal room for error.
I would expect him to win all the same – and he would probably be a Top Pick if I was tipping.

In the 2:45 race, I can see Royale Knight being over-backed and therefore creating a bit of value with American Life. Anything above 5/1 would certainly be a fair price…

Over at Navan, it’s Troytown day (is it really 12 months since Cootamundras finest hour ?!).
Again, I went through the entire field and would offer Groody Hill and Balbriggan as tentative selections.
At bigger prices, Pandorama would be very interesting if returning to form  – and I think More Madness could also outrun his odds.
All this said, it’s not a race I feel particularly strongly about.

In the following race on the card, Realt Mor has to be interest over hurdles off mark of just 127 - but dangers abound – so it wouldn’t be easy to tip him…

Finally, keep an eye on Side Saddle in the bumper that closes the card. She is a full sister to the brilliant mare Voler La Vadette, and possesses at least a bit of the family ability…

I’ll keep an open mind with regard to the rest of the week.
There are potentially interesting fixtures scheduled for every day – plus a mid week cold snap forecast !
I’ll look to take at least one day off – but I’ll play it by ear with regard to which one (s).

Here’s hoping you have a good day, if you do choose get involved.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment