Monday 30 March 2015

Review of the day

There was no joy this afternoon for either of the tips – and, aside from the price crash on Road to Freedom, not a lot to report either…

He was 16/1 generally when I issued the tip this morning – but was backed down to as low as 6/1 before the off.

His SP was 7/1, which I think was a closer reflection of his chance in the race – and he was still in with a bit of a chance, when he unshipped his rider at the third last fence.

I was right about the race taking very little winning – and it was left to last seasons winner, Little Jimmy, to follow up, beating a horse who was 16lb out of the handicap.

Poor stuff indeed…

It was a similar story with the days other tip, What a Good Night.
He ran a fair race, but was beaten after the third from home.

I was actually quite disappointed with him, as I could see no reason why he wouldn’t run his race (and I don’t really think he did).

The race was won by Midnight Lira – and I could see plenty of reasons why she wouldn’t run her race, but she did !

She got the better of Edmund Kean (who would have been an irritating winner) – and Forgotten Gold.
My initial plan was to put the latter up EW – but as you know, I’m not a big fan of EW betting…

That seems to be the way things have been going, lately…


There was not a lot to report with the mentions, either.
Street Entertainer ran no sort of the a race in the opener, which again, was not what I expected.
The race was won at a huge price, by Oyster Shell (40/1).
We were on him on his penultimate run, when I took a chance on him at a big price in a similar race over fences.
He could only finish second that day – but was a gutsy winner today.

Over at Uttoxeter, Manbalandall ran a lifeless race. I don’t think he’ll be winning this season. Whilst I also wouldn’t be feeling overly optimistic about the chances of Flemenstar every recapturing his former greatness.
Although he travelled well enough, his jumping lacked fluency and he was beaten as soon as he was put under pressure.

With the clocks going forward tonight, we should be in for an early start tomorrow.
And whilst there is a very good meeting at Ascot, that seems a little unnecessary.

I’ll therefore resist sending anything out before 9:00.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment