Sunday 22 March 2015

Review of the day

It was back down to earth with a bump today – quite literally in the case of Tony Star…

Part of the reason why I’m disinclined to put up horses EW, is because one serious mistake can scupper two bets – and that is exactly what happened this afternoon.

In fairness, Tony Star already seemed to be struggling a bit, when he came down at the final fence in the back straight – that said, there was still a long way to go, so I wouldn’t have been totally adamant that his chance had gone.

With him out of the race, it was left to his stablemate, The Skyfarmer, to bounce back to form and record a convincing victory.

He’d shown very little previously this season, but as I said yesterday, drying ground can completely transform horses…

Things hadn’t gone a lot better earlier in the afternoon, when I was very disappointed by the performance of Shakalakboomboom…

I was quite prepared to see him beaten (he was a risky selection) but I didn’t expect him to never feature with a chance.

A bit like Tony Star, he seemed to be struggling at the back for most of the race, before running on late to claim a distant fifth place.

The days only mention, Minella Present, did no better either.
He was sent off a well backed 4/1 joint favourite – but was already beaten when badly hampered at the second last hurdle.

Hopefully things will improve tomorrow…!
Talking of which, as it is a Friday, I will open the tipping window at 6:00 this evening, in case there is anything I can tip in tomorrows televised races…

TVB.



No comments:

Post a Comment