Sunday 22 March 2015

Daily write-up - Mar 18th

There are NH meetings today at Haydock and Warwick.

There is nothing much of interest at Warwick – but I did expect to find a tip at Haydock.
However, no matter how hard I tried, nothing suitable would drop out…

The closest I got was in the handicap hurdle at 3:15, where I considered supporting Lightentertainment against hot favourite, Masterful Act.
Certainly, in a race where there appears little depth, it could be argued that Lightentertainment was an EW bet to nothing, at 5/1 this morning.
However, that was when there were 8 runners in the race. The mandatory late withdrawal means there is now only 2 places up for grabs, so the bet would look far less attractive (though in truth, those kind of bets aren’t really my style regardless).
I do think there is a chance that Lightentertainment will be able to turn over the favourite regardless - but there is also a chance, of an upset.
On balance, I just didn’t feel there was sufficient edge to warrant getting involved.

In the opening race on the card, I think the favourite, A Boy Names Suzi, will take the beating.
However, he is probably priced about right at 4/1, as it is difficult to eliminate many.
Outside the obvious ones, I could see both of the David Pipe horse running big races – whilst I’ll be keeping a particularly close eye on Handiwork.
Unless the market says otherwise, I suspect he will need the run today – but he strikes me as one who could be of interest, once he has this run under his belt.

Josies Order is obviously the one that interests me in the handicap chase at 2:45.
He is back up in trip today – and the cheek pieces are reapplied.
I suspect he will also get on well with Haydocks relatively easy fences.
However, I’m not sure the ground will be totally to his liking – and the bookmakers aren’t really playing ball with his price.
I’ve had a small bet on him on BF (when he was 12/1) – but it is difficult to know whether today is going to be his day (and I’m not entirely convinced that the market will predict it either).

Finally, in the chase at 3:50, Roberto Pegasus looks the most likely – but he is hardly bomb proof and is no value at 9/4.
I tried to find something to take him on with, but drew a blank.
I could see Galway Jack running a big race – particularly if he gets an uncontested lead. However, he’s not particularly well handicapped, so it won’t say a lot for the rest if he is able to win…


Best of luck, if you do choose to get involved.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment