Monday 30 March 2015

Daily write-up - Mar 23rd

There are a couple of NH meetings today, at Towcester and Taunton.

However neither one offers much in the way of competitive racing, so finding a tip, was always going to be tricky…

The nearest I got was in the 3:30 at Towcester…
I think our old friend, Lord Landen is the one to beat in this – but unfortunately, the market agrees…
He was available at 3/1 early, which struck me as about the right price.
There are a few dangers in the race - and I have some concerns about how he will face the Towcester hill.
On the flip side, he is ridiculously well handicapped – and I suspect he will be much happier on the quick ground.
Cabaret Girl and Grand Article both have chances – but I think the most interesting one in the race is Royalracket.
He has a lot to prove – but still has a good deal of potential…

In the handicap chase at 4:30, Tinelyra could well provide Fergal O’Brien and Conor Shoemark with a double.
He ran well enough over this course on his seasonal debut a couple of weeks ago – and if he can build on that, he should go close this afternoon.
That said, it does look quite an open race, in which 3 or 4 appear to have reasonable chances…


There is even less to get excited about at Taunton…

In the handicap chase at 3:20, I liked the look of Quite By Chance - however, I would be fearful of both Makadamia and Taradrewe – and there are only 5 runners in the race !

It’s a similar story in the 4:50, where I think Shy John will take the beating (assuming he gets round OK !).
However, King Massini is very well handicapped and if the first time cheek pieces have the desired effect, he will be difficult to beat.


Best of luck if you do choose to get involved today.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment