Monday 30 March 2015

Review of the day

I’m in a bit of a state of shock after today…!
Just how I managed to lose, I’ve no idea – hopefully those of you who use the write-ups made the day pay, as I should have done ‘officially’…

There was only one tip on the day – and I guess that was the main mistake.
In my defence, it is so difficult issuing tips mid week.
The prices aren’t properly there – and the markets are so weak.

I tipped Le Fin Bois this morning – and I was pretty keen on him.
It didn’t surprise me that he was backed into 4/1 fav at the off – or that he ran a really good race.

It also didn’t overly surprise me that he couldn’t quite get past Mr Burbidge.
He was the one I identified as the main danger this morning – and he got the run of the race, with an uncontested lead.

If the price had been there this morning, I would have tipped him as a saver – but 13/2 was the best available, even though 8/1 was comfortably available on BF.
His SP was 8/1 as well – so there really was no excuse for not getting on.

The trouble is, officially, it just wasn’t possible for me to get that price.
I guess it comes with the territory – and I would be interested to know how many of you backed Mr Burbidge regardless (I go on about this not just being a tipping service, for very good reason !).

So far as the mentions went, then things didn’t get a whole lot better !

The days ‘main’ mention, Greenlaw, managed to get back up to win a thriller at Wetherby: Whilst the other ‘proper’ mention, Avidity, also won at Newcastle (getting the better of Emril Silk, who was my original fancy for the race).

Greenlaw is another who I would have tipped if the price had been properly there – but it wasn’t…

Prince of Pirates also ran a cracker – but just couldn’t muster enough speed to put down an effective challenge. If he can build on todays run, he will be winning races sooner rather than later.

Purple Harry justified strong market support in the last - meaning that Azure Glamour  (who ran no sort of race and was pulled up), was the only poor advice of the day…

Yet somehow, the official P&L reads –0.5pt – I do hope that’s not how it looked for you all…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment