Sunday 22 March 2015

Review of the day

Todays daily advice summary contained the names of 10 horses: 3 tips and 7 mentions.
Between them, they managed to record 4 wins and 2 seconds - not bad ‘advising’, even if I say so myself.
Maybe the season is going to end with a ‘Golden autumn’ 

Unfortunately, only one of the winners was a tip – which, similar to last Saturday, was the very minimum I felt we deserved from the day…

The win was provided by an old Friend, Ruler of All.
I tipped him twice last season – and this was the second time I’d tipped him this season. I think he owed us a victory.

And boy did he deliver !
I thought Stephanie Francess won easily on Thursday – well he was almost as impressive this afternoon.

Cantering throughout, he took up the running entering the home straight and absolutely bolted clear.

I suspect that connections were ‘on’ – and I also suspect that they wanted the horse to go back up the handicap so that he is able to compete in better class races.

I also loved the way that Ryan Winks punched the air after crossing the line – I do wish you could always have faith that connections were trying in the same way he does (for all his technical limitations !!)

The next tip to run was Racing Europe and I’m honestly not sure how he didn’t manage to complete a double...
He also cantered through the race and looked sure to win turning for home.
However, he never managed to break clear of the field and he was just edged out of things close home.

It was a tough one to take – though obviously made a little easier by the earlier victory of Ruler of All.

I suspect he will be dropped back in trip a little for his next run – and will doubtless be a short price to gain compensation.

The final tip of the day to run was Handy Andy, and whilst he ran a decent race, he simply wasn’t in the same class as Carruthers…

I tipped Carruthers last week before he was withdrawn at Uttoxeter – and thought long and hard about tipping him again today.
However, I felt that the ground might have gone against him.

I was actually feeling quite smug after a fence, when he was behind the field and being rousted along – but he responded well to the pressure and was soon at the head of affairs.

He still looked an unlikely winner – but the horse retains plenty of class and was simply too good for his rivals.
Even in the circumstances, I couldn’t begrudge him a well deserved victory.

So far as the mentions were concerned, then Binger Drinker and Oscar Rock were very well backed – and both came home easy winners.

Tiptoeaway on the other hand, was a major drifter (4/1 out to 8/1 at the off) – but that didn’t stop him battling to a tenacious victory.

Just one more Saturday to go then...

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment