Sunday 22 March 2015

Review of the day

‘cruised into lead on bit 2 out, effortlessly went clear run-in, hard held’

I was curious as to how the RP race reviewer would describe the victory of Stephanie Frances today – and I have to say, I don’t think he over-stated it !

I’ve tipped a lot of winners in my time as TVB, but I honestly don’t think I’ve ever tipped one that won more easily.

I knew she was a good bet this morning – in fact, in an ideal word, she would have been a 1 point bet. However, early on a grey Thursday morning at Ludlow, I really don’t think there can ever be a 1 point bet.

I’ve got to be realistic about what you guys can actually get on some of these horses – and if you managed to get 0.5pt on at 7/2 (and I would hope that most of you did), then you should be feeling happy enough.

I suspect Stephanie will get raised most of the 10lb that I felt she had in hand of her mark this morning – and even though the race fell apart a bit, connections would struggle to argue against it.

In the opening race on the card, then Set The Trend almost won as easily.
More than that, he had drifted to a perfectly acceptable 5/1 by the off, so hopefully one or two of you took advantage.

Kudo Country couldn’t quite make it a clean sweep at Ludlow – tho I suspect he would have gone very close if his jumping hadn’t been so shoddy.
In fairness, he was badly impeded when the favourite Mountain King, fell at the second.
Maybe that affected his confidence, as he made mistake after mistake, from that point on.
The race was won from the front by Arkaim – who got into a rhythm early and never saw another rival.

Over a Chepstow, I opted to make ‘official’ the wrong mentions in a couple of the races…

I was torn between Dashaway and Ballyknock Lad in the 2:30 – and went for the latter. The former duly bolted in.
In the 3:40 it was Waldorf Salad and Buachaill Alainn that I Struggled to split – and whilst you could hardly say he won on the bridle, Buachaill Alainn had his head in front where it mattered.

The only race where I was way off the mark, was the 3:05.
I thought Solstice Star might be interesting if backed – well, he was backed (into 7/1 at the off) – and he travelled enthusiastically for a mile and a half - but then went out like a light.
I’ve no idea where connections will go with him from here.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment