Sunday 22 February 2015

Review of the day

We were always going to need a bit of luck this afternoon.

There were 5 races that I considered tipping in – and I ended up opting to tip in just two of them.
There wasn’t a lot between the tips and some of the mentions – so I really was chancing my arm a little.

However, it all turned out OK.
The 5 races yielded 2 winners – one that I tipped and one that I didn’t.
I’ll take that…

The winning tip was Aachen, who battled back bravely after being headed at the second last fence, for a victory that took Venetia off the cold list (can you believe that ?!)

I think I’d read the race (and the short comings of his rivals) pretty well – and it was good to see him in a battle  from the second last fence, with the doubtful stayer, Reaping the Reward.
I had a feeling that Aachen would get the better of him – and he did just that.

Things didn’t go so well in the other race that I chose to tip in, at Ludlow.
I was quite keen on the two selections there – but neither one covered themselves in glory, which was disappointing.

Desert Recluse travelled nicely through the first half of the race – but was beaten turning in.
Whilst Kudu County didn’t seem to have the pace to challenge in what appeared to be a very strongly run race.

My gut feeling is that the form is decent for the grade – and I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on the first half dozen home…

In terms on the mentions, then it was Rock on the Moor who provided them with their win on the day.
She took advantage of a below par effort from Little King Robin, and gamely held off the challenge of Analifet.

Western Jo went very close to making it a double for the mentions, but was run out it  close home by Milan Bound.
I think Western Jo was a bit unlucky with the way the race unfolded, as he was left in front much sooner than ideal, giving Milan Bound and AP, something to aim at.

Waldorf Salad was the other mention that I considered tipping this morning, but my reading of him was right.
He needs softer ground or a more galloping track – or both. I won’t be giving up on him, just yet.

Whilst the days final two mentions, Eastern Witness and Pippa Rose both ran OK, without ever looking likely to win.

On balance then, an acceptable days work…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment