Sunday 15 February 2015

Daily write-up - Feb 12th

Considering there are 4 NH meetings this afternoon, there is precious little to get excited about…

I was sure I would find something on the all chase card at Leicester – but whilst I spent a good deal of time on a couple of the races, they yielded very little.

In the opener, I could have been interested in Morning Reggie – but I suspect he needs a little further.
My feeling is the race will be won by favourite, Until Winning.
The booking of Jamie Bargery looks significant – as it offsets most of the weight rise he incurred for a comfortable last time out win.
However, he’s just 2/1 to follow up today – and Leicester is a very different course to Ludlow…

I think his trainer Tom George can land a double in the first two races, as The Ould Lad looks the one to beat in the handicap chase at 2:40.
However, he is now a 6/4 shot – and that looks too short in a race where all of the runners can be given a chance.

The 3:10 was the first of the races I spent some time on – and I was hoping to find a compelling case for either Artifice Sivola or Henri de Boistron.
In truth, I really wanted to find a case for the former, as I’m sure he has a race of this nature in him.
However, I don’t think that Leicester is the ideal track for such a free running sort.
He might get away with it – but 7/2 is no kind of a price to find out.
If he doesn’t Henri de Boistron could well collect - provided he jumps round safely.
Once again though, the price is tight at 9/2.
More than that, the apparent confidence in Take the Crown, concerns me.
In short, I can’t really see an edge in the race…

The other race of real interest in the handicap chase at 3:40.
I think In fairness could show himself much better than his rating – and 4/1 is a fair enough price – but it’s not a price I would expect to be getting, if he really is a handicap good thing…
Well fancied horses from Nicky Hendersons stable tend to be over-backed – not over priced – which is why I tip very few of them…
I could also be interested in Christopher Wren – at a price.
I like the way he has been campaigned – and he has a good record at the track.
My issue with him is that I don’t think he has much in hand of his handicap mark.
I would expect him to run well – and he might even win if the unexposed sorts don’t perform – but if they do, I think he will be fighting for a place.
I guess he would be a fair EW play at 7/1, if that is your way…

Finally, I could see Thedreamstillalive going well in the last.
However, 4/1 about a 15 year old making his seasonal debut, holds limited appeal…


There is nothing of interest at Fontwell; and little more at Kelso…
I will be keeping an eye on Hawk High and Holywell in the 2 big races at Kelso – but only with regard to the future (I certainly won’t be backing either of them).

There’s not much going on at Thurles either…
Sumos Novios is of most interest, in the beginners chase at 2:35 – but at a price of  11/4 he is easily passed over…

Here’s hoping you have a good day if you do choose to get involved.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment