Sunday 22 February 2015

Daily write-up - Feb 19th

There are 4 NH meetings this afternoon at Huntingdon, Musselburgh and Sedgefield in the UK - plus Clonmel in Ireland.

I was saying just yesterday, about how the quality of meetings is varying enormously from day to day – and as if to prove my point, on the back of a very good day yesterday, today is an absolute shocker !

I honestly couldn’t find a single runner worthy of a mention at either Huntingdon or Musselburgh – and its not much better at Sedgefield…

I thought Mondo Cane might be of some interest in the handicap chase at 3:05 – but 5/1 about a horse yet to win a race under rules, has limited appeal…

Over at Clonmel, it’s a similar story.

I would expect Mr Cosmopolitan to take the beginners chase at 3:05 – but I expect he will be favourite to do so.

Whilst Winter Magic is probably the closest I got to a tip today (and that wasn’t very close !).
He was a mention last time out, on his comeback from a break.
He ran a reasonable race then and with that run under his belt, off a 2 lb lower mark, over a more suitable trip and on more suitable ground, I would expect him to run well today.
9/1 might even be a fair price – it is difficult to know for sure – which is why I am not prepared to issue him as a tip.

Finally, keep an eye on Run Hurricane in the bumper that closes the card.
I don’t suppose he will win – but he ran a bizarre race last time out, suggesting he had much more ability than he was allowed to show.
The opposition is likely to be a bit too hot for him today – but I suspect he will pop up at some point in the not too distant future.

Things will be better tomorrow – I’m sure of it !

Best of luck if you do choose to get involved today.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment