Sunday 22 February 2015

Daily write-up - Feb 17th

There is NH racing this afternoon at Wetherby and Taunton…

It’s nothing to get too excited about – though I did think I’d found us a tip at Wetherby…
The horse in question was Grey Life, who runs in the handicap chase at 3:25.
I watched him last time, when he ran in a better race at Sedgefield, but the 2m4f trip seemed to find him out.
He drops back 4f today – and is also running in a class lower (4 as against 3).
All things being equal, I think he would have a very good chance - and I was a bit surprised to see him available at 11/2 this morning.
However, I think I might have stumbled across the issue.
The stable of Malcolm Jefferson, is in very poor form. He has only sent out 1 winner this year – and 3 winners from 54 runners, since the beginning of November.
By his normal standards that is very poor – and enough to put me off tipping Grey Life.
As Jonjo has been showing recently, stable form is critical – and Jefferson is currently bang out of form…

Over at Taunton, there is again just he one race of interest, the handicap chase at 3:10…
I think the market has got the right one at its head, in the shape of Lac Sacre.
He ran in a hot race at Ffos Las last time out – and must have a very good chance today, off the same mark.
I could have been interested in Rio De Sivola in the same race – but he’s been struggling to get home over 2 miles, so I’m not sure I follow the logic in stepping him up in distance by 3 furlongs.
That said, he is well handicapped – and having Lizzie Kelly on top (claiming 7lb), won’t harm his chances.
So if he does stay the trip, I think he will be the one that Lac Sacre has to beat.


Best of luck if you do choose to get involved this afternoon.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment