Sunday 22 February 2015

Daily write-up - Feb 20th

It was a surprise to wake up this morning and find that racing at Warwick had been abandoned.
Apparently they had 20mm of rain last night, on top of heavy ground and as a result the track became waterlogged.
There was a decent card scheduled – and a possible tip – but these thing happen.

The remaining card at Exeter is reasonable – particularly the final 3 races – but I can’t find anything worthy of tipping…

In the 4:20, I am half interested in Garde Fou – particularly if the ground gets very testing.
He ran well on his penultimate outing at Chepstow, before finding the trip too short last time out.
He’s back up to 3 miles today and I would expect him to go well – but there are plenty of dangers.
The race will probably be won by one of the upwardly mobile sorts, at the head of the betting (Master Malt, Dawson City or Todd) - though I it would be no surprise to see Garde Fou placing…

The next race on the card (4:50) is very competitive and it’s hard to categorically rule out any of the runners.
My short list consisted of Top Wood, Tara Road and Big Society – but there is no margin in the price of any of them – and I would be far from confident that one of them will win.

I got closest to tipping in the final race on the card…
Moorlands Mist is becoming a well handicapped horse. He was very well supported last time out at Ludlow – but raced lazily.
Blinkers are applied for the first time today –and if they wake him up, I suspect he will take the beating.
However, it is nearly impossible to get a proper handle on Castarnie and Newton Thistle; whilst I couldn’t completely eliminate Hollow Blue Sky and Alberobello.
I would have taken a chance on Moorlands Mist at around 6/1 – but at 4/1, he can only be a mention.

Best of luck if you do choose to get involved today.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment