Sunday 14 December 2014

Review of the day

For the second time in 4 days, I was reminded of the perils of ignoring horses that I’ve tipped earlier in the season…

On Sunday, Ballybough Andy came good, a race too late – and today it was the turn of Rhapando.

It is something I’m aware of, as I don’t tip too many ‘poor’ horses. My timing isn’t always spot on – but generally the horses I tip are just about ready to win.
Both Ballybough Andy and Rhapando ran well when I tipped them – but even better the next out.

Both were slightly speculative tips – but they ran races that suggested I had read them right. I should just have stuck with them for another run (as I should also have done with Monetaire).

Worse still, Rhapandos victory meant that there was no joy for the days only tip – Foxbridge.

In fairness, Foxbridge ran a perfectly creditably. He travelled a bit freely in the early part of the race – but still had every chance turning in, before weakening after jumping the second last.
You would expect him to improve for the race (so we should probably be on him next time !!).

The mentions managed yet another winning day (I wasn’t as confident about them today).
This time it was courtesy of Snowell, who had a bit of luck on his side in the novice handicap chase.

Henri De Boistron was just mounting his challenge when he fell at the fourth last fence. Somewhat ironically, his jumping to that point has been much better than it was on his chasing debut last time, He looks one to stay on the right side of.
Snowell still looked to have some work to do, approaching the final fence, - but his nearest pursuer, Vertueucx, got that fence wrong and decanted his jockey.
I guess the obstacles are there to be jumped.

Neither of the days two other mentions troubled the judge:
Chicklemix will almost certainly get a drop in the ratings, which will make her of theoretical interest next time. The trouble is, she put in quite a disappointing run today, so you would have to be prepared to ignore that if you were to support her next time.
Regulation was anything but disappointing.
He settled really well in the first time hood – but just didn’t get home over the 2m4f trip.
If he is cut back half a mile for his next outing, he would have to be of interest.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment