Sunday 7 December 2014

Review of the day

Well, we all knew it was just a matter of time, didn’t we..?!?!

For the first time in what seems like an age – I managed to find us a decent winner.

As I said this morning, I could have been pretty sweet on the chances of Adrenalin Flight – in different circumstances.
I certainly felt he was an excellent bet – but in fairness. I‘ve thought that about a number of the selections over the past few weeks.

However, thankfully, rather than just being a decent theoretical bet, Adrenalin Flight proved himself a very good actual bet.

I have to say that the strong market support throughout the day, made me quietly optimistic.
Adrenalin Flight didn’t strike me as the kind of horse that would be backed – so that fact he was – and so strongly – I took as a big positive.

In fact, I found it quite unbelievable that there was only a point between him and Gorgehous Liege at the off, when that one had been a quarter of his price this morning.

During the race, there was little in the way of alarm.
We maybe got a bit of luck when Benbane Head’s rider missed the water jump (I certainly wouldn’t have been happy if ours had done the same !) – but really it was relatively plain sailing.

He and Milosam went clear rounding the home turn – and whilst that one has previous in depriving us of a big win (when he chinned Pod on the line at Taunton last season),  I was always hopeful that Andrew Thornton would keep our boy going.

And so he did - Hooray !
It was one of those wins which I felt very relieved to register…

As for the days mentions (like anyone cares !):

Generous Ransom got them off to a great start, when battling bravely up the Sandown hill, to register a success in the novice handicap chase – but that was as good as it got.
Filbert ran a fair race to finish third behind Ultragold and Wilton Milan. It looked like good form to me – I certainly reckon that the winner is a horse to follow.
Third Act briefly looked like he might get involved in the finish of the novice hurdle at Sandown, but weakened out of things when the going got tough.
Xaarcet still doesn’t look like a horse who wants 2 miles on quickish ground: whilst Cooleking looks like a horse who wants 4 miles – and heavy (ie. he looked very slow !).

But at the end of the day, who cares about all that – Adrenaln Flight won – we’re back in the black 

I’ll open the tipping window this evening at 6:00 – just in case there is anything suitable to be tipped for tomorrow.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment