Saturday 31 January 2015

Review of the day

Only last week, I was extolling the virtues of following particular stables.
I even mentioned that my personal favourite was the Hobbs/Johnson combination – and low and behold, for the umpteenth time in TVB history, the boys came good for us this afternoon…

I’ve got to be honest, I didn’t intend to tip Tony Star until very late in the morning.
Hard to Swallow was the horse I wanted to tip – but I wasn’t completely happy with his price (I wanted 10/1).

It was only whilst I was mulling over whether I tipped Hard to Swallow, that I honed in on Tony Star.
I can’t recall the last time that Hobbs/Johnson had a single runner at a meeting – it seemed quite significant to me.

The case was there for Tony Star in the book – but to be honest, there was a case there for most of the runners in the race, if you looked for it.

Anyway, I decide to take the risk – and to keep Hard to Swallow for good measure (as it would have been hard to swallow if he’d won and I’d ditched him – boom, boom !) and rather pleasingly, we were rewarded with a nice winner.

Things are just rolling for us at the moment – and I’m simply trying to just go with the flow.
I know from the past how important it is to capitalise on these times - and how quickly they can change, so we need to make the most of this period.

In the race itself, both Tony Star and Hard to Swallow travelled much better than most of their rivals
A series of mistakes down the back straight did for Hard to Swallows challenge – but Dickie kept on taking a pull on Tony Star.

And coming into the straight, I could only see one result.
The mighty Richard Johnson in a driving finish with Mr M Wall – a referee would have stopped the contest jumping the second last !

I suspect it is decent form too…
The second, Theatre Queen has the potential to be a good horse; whilst the third, Art Professor is a potentially well handicapped horse and the fourth, Moorlands Mist was very well backed.

Non of them were any match for Tony Star though…

There was something to be taken from the performances of all the mentions, as well…

Rhamnus showed a lot more in first time blinkers – but what he showed most, is that he has very limited ability. Don’t expect to see his name featuring in the write-up in the near future.

Kerryhead Storm is a different matter…
He was very unlucky to bump into a Tom George improver.
He might get a pound or two for todays run, but either way is definitely one to look out for next time.

As is Dainty Diva.
He did indeed drift to 16/1 at the off, but looked likely to win approaching the home straight.
However the lack of a recent run then seemed to find him out and he faded in fourth place.
I suspect he will be a different proposition next time out.

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment