Sunday 18 January 2015

Review of the day

There was no joy with any of the 4 tips running in todays 2 big races, which was a bit disappointing…

We did manage to find the only faller in both of the races – but that wasn’t the double I had in mind !

It was Some Tikket who hit the deck at the third last, in the handicap chase.
He was still moving fine at the time, so it would have been interesting to see how he’d got on.
He’llberemembered never featured in the race, which was quite surprising.
I thought he might not be quite good enough to win – but I also thought he was sure to run his race and be thereabouts…

In accordance with Sods Law, the race was won by Foxrock.
He became the latest in a long line of ex-tips this season, who have come out and won next time.
I’m thinking of creating another service next year, where I send out tips a month late, so subscribers can get on them for their subsequent race !

My concern with Foxrock, was that he would lack tactical pace, dropping back in distance. But that wasn’t an issue at all and he was a cosy winner.

In the handicap hurdle, it was Waxies Dargle who took a fall at the fourth last, when still travelling comfortably.
Sea Beat showed very little – and I suspect we will next see him in a run-of-the-mill handicap.
He certainly doesn’t appear good enough for a premier handicap at this stage of his career.

The race was won by Katie T, who as I said this morning, was my third choice in the race.
I spent a fair bit of time last night trying to decide between her and Waxies Dargle,
With the benefit of hindsight I should have put up both – and ditched Sea Beat !

The cold weather is threatening tomorrows cards, but hopefully they’ll resist.
Either way, I’ll be back at the normal time in the morning with an update on things…

TVB.


No comments:

Post a Comment