Saturday 31 January 2015

Daily write-up - Jan 30th

No official tips today then – but there are a couple of horses that I’m quite keen on…

They run in the two handicap chases at Chepstow.

A couple of our friends, run in the 2:55 race: Strange Bird and Come on Annie – and it is the former that I’m interested in today.
She will relish the mud at Chepstow – and provided she jumps round OK, she has to go close.
I didn’t tip her this morning, partly because of the price (3/1 best) – and partly because of concern about a few of her rivals.
Head Spin is consistent (but probably beatable); Eastern Witness is talented (but might not get home); Long John was well backed last time (but is an unknown quantity) – and Come on Annie is well handicapped (but struggles to jump a fence).
There was may have been a bit of margin in a quote of 3/1 about Strange Bird – but not much.
You can get 7/2 now, which is better.
At 4/1, I would definitely be interested…

All that said, I’m probably a bit keener on Gunna Be a Devil in the 4:05.
Again, he was 3/1 this morning – but I reckon he should be 5/2 or less.
He is well handicapped, will love the conditions – and could get an uncontested lead.
The only one rival that worries me, is Master Neo – but he worries me quite a bit.
Maybe the answer is to back Gunna be a Devil and save on Master Neo.
As with Strange Bird, Gunna be a Devil is now available at 7/2 – he would be a tip at that price.

I’m sure a few of you will be interested in a double, and at 7/2, it pays nearly 20/1 – that’s a good bet…

Just a reminder that I will open the tipping window at 6:00 this evening – in case there is anything that can be tipped for tomorrow.


Best of luck if you do get involved today !

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment