Saturday 31 January 2015

Daily write-up - Jan 27th

Lingfield was sunk a few days ago, leaving Taunton to host the only NH racing today…

I had planned to take the day off – but being me, I still spent a bit of time yesterday evening, looking at todays cards.
And, as is invariably the case: I look at the cards, I form an opinion !

Ofcourse, that doesn’t mean we’ll end up with a tip – but there was one horse I was struggling to let go of and at the available price, I think he warrants a small risk.
I’ve little issue with missing short priced winners – but once you get into double figures, I start getting a bit touchy.
One Champagne Rian is enough for a month, I reckon !

Here’s my rationale for the tip – and a few other thoughts….


Taunton

4:00

I never expected to see Milosam and Smart Money competing in the same race.
The former needs about 4 miles – whilst I reckon the latter will prove best at 2.
If they were ever going to meet, I guess it was always likely to be over the intermediate trip..
However, I think it will be too far for Smart Money, and whilst Milosam will cope with it – and his course form is a bonus – he doesn’t look like a 7/4 shot to me…
Of the 4 others in the race, then I could give a big chance to Dans Wee Man.
He ran very well on his penultimate outing – before disappointing last time out.
He has cheek pieces reapplied today – plus a tongue tie. I make him the most likely winner of the race.
I could also give Copper Birch a chance. He is reasonably well handicapped – and should relish the conditions.
I wouldn’t be so keen on Mrs Jordan – the trip looks like it might be an issue for her…
The trip shouldn’t be an issue for Mission Complete – nor should the ground. He is also weighted to go very close.
The issue with him is his recent form – or rather lack of it !
He’s been running like a drain – but that is often the case with Jonjos horses – particularly when the stable is out of form (and it has been massively out of form).
The real eye catcher with Mission Complete, is the booking of 10lb claimer, Jack Savage.
He was on board Jonjos Tarvini, when it won at Warwick earlier this month – and I’m hopeful he can repeat the dose today.
Certainly, Jonjo has an excellent record when utilising 10lb claimers – so with ticks in a number of other boxes, I think he is worth a small shot at a big price.

0.25pt win Mission Complete 14/1


The 3:00 race looks fascinating – mainly because of the jockey bookings !
Venetia has a runner – but Liam Treadwell is riding it despite the fact Aidan Colemen is also riding in the race…
Aidan takes the ride on the Charlie Longsdon trained Ready Token – despite the fact the Longsdons stable jockey, Noel Fehily is riding in the race…
Fehily is on board the Colin Tizzard trained Third Act – despite the fact that Daryl Jacob is riding in the race.
He rides the Robert Walford trained Sun Wild Life (and in fairness, he does often ride for Walford).
If we knew the reason behind all the jockey switches, we could probably solve the puzzle – but I don’t, which makes it impossible to figure out.
That said, I’ll be a little surprised if I’ve not mentioned the winner of the race above (because I’m damn sure something is going on !!).

If I was currently issuing Top Picks (and I’m tending not to at the moment, because the overriding uncertainty makes it very diifcutlt to be adamant about anything), I would be sorely tempted by Un Bleu A Laam in the finale…
I thought he did very well to win last time out and a 7lb rise doesn’t strike me as punitive.
I’m sure Aidan will keep things simple on him – and that being the case, I think he will take some beating.
It’s a big field, so I doubt his price will get too short – and Xaarcet is being backed again (16/1 last night into 11/2 now – he must have cost his supporters a packet !).
All things being equal, 9/2 is a very fair price on Un Bleu A Laam…


Here’s hoping for great day ahead !
TVB.





Tips
Early
None
Late
Taunton 4:00 Mission Complete 0.25pt win 14/1
Mentions
Taunton 4:30 Une Bleu A Laam (C )
Top Picks
None

No comments:

Post a Comment