Sunday 25 January 2015

Review of the day

Maybe we got a bit lucky this afternoon, when Jackies Solitaire took advantage of the last fence fall of Pitter Patter.

Certainly consensus seemed to be that we did – though, I wasn’t completely sure myself.
Pitter Patter looked like a horse coming to the end of her tether – and, as I said this morning, Jackies Solitaire wanted at least today’s trip.

It would have been interesting to see how things would have turned out if she had stood up - though obviously I was pleased that they went in our favour.

And in truth, nobody can say we didn’t deserve it.
I’ll lost count of the number of times we’ve been in a similar situations, since Christmas.
Our horse being bang there – but just not getting that bit of luck you need.

I think today went some way towards addressing quite a significant imbalance.

As for Jackies Solitaire, even if I say so myself, she was a great pick !
It would have been so easy for me to take the easy path and tip one of the 3 horses that I mentioned this morning as potential dangers.
But you don’t tend to get much in this game for being a herd animal – and I’ve never been one of those !

In truth, today could easily have been another red letter day.

The days other tip, Waldorf Salad, ran a huge race to finish third in the previous race in the card.
He travelled like a dream throughout – but just couldn’t muster the pace to pass long time leader, Buckhorn Tom.

In fairness, he was beaten by a better horse on the day (or at least, one that was better at todays weights), but I don’t think the exclusion of a number of fences did Waldorf Salad any favours – and he would almost certainly have preferred the ground to be even deeper.
In the right circumstances, he must be a near certainty next time out.

As for the mention, Somchine, he was very weak in the betting and ran a poor race to finish last of 4.
I‘ve no idea what was going on there – I’m just glad I only made him a mention !

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment