Monday 12 January 2015

Review of the day

I’ve got to be honest, if we’d not secured those 3 winners on Saturday, I would be feeling pretty down about things…

Since Christmas day, I’ve tipped 24 horses - and an incredible 9 of them have traded at 2 or less in-running, without winning.

In total therefore, of those 24 horses, half have traded at 2 or less – but only 3 have won.
That’s like flipping a coin 12 times – and getting just 3 heads (or tails !).

Ofcourse, these things happen.
In my very early days tipping, I managed to tip 12 seconds from 24 – without a single winner – so I’ve improved since then !
But it’s still all a bit disheartening…

First into battle today, were Our Father and Saint Are, at Cheltenham.
Backed into 11/2 joint favourites, they both ran really well – but bumped into Mon Perrain on a going day.
Unlucky…

Next it was Tiptoeaway.
The rain got into the ground at Musselburgh and turned it soft.
Despite, that he ran a cracker to finish fourth.
I have absolutely no doubt, that without the rain he would have won.
Unlucky…

Next it was Sunny Ledgend.
He did absolutely nothing wrong.
Once again, he jumped and galloped from fence to fence.
He was simply beaten by a slightly better horse on the day.
Unlucky…

Then it was Ericht.
He made a few mistakes and didn’t get home.
Not so unlucky !

Finally, it was Invicta Lake.
He stepped at the final hurdle on the first circuit and took a nasty fall.
Whether he would have been good enough to win, I’ve no idea.
Not particularly unlucky – but not particularly lucky either !!

In a way, I think it’s a good job that I’m about to take a few days off.
Even working reduced hours, the Christmas/New year period has been pretty intense (and that’s before I look at the results !).

Just to confirm, there will be no tips, no write-up and no reviews between now and Next Tuesday (6th January).

I’ll be back in touch at the normal time that day, to advise on any action for that afternoon.

Hopefully by then, this particular phase of luck will have moved on !!

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment